Thursday 6 August 2015

My Beauty Favourites | July 2015


Hello Lovlies! Welcome back to Sense Of Beauty! Today's blog will feature my July Beauty Favourites! Since starting work in a pharmacy, I have been surrounded by beauty products - I'm not complaining! ;)  It definitely allows me to try new and exciting products that I couldn't before! So, with that being said, I have been purchasing new products to try and so far I am LOVING a lot of them!

Keep reading to find out what products I have been obsessed with over the past month. 

If you would like to read my previous beauty favourites blogpost, click here!

Let's get started with my July Beauty Favourites! :)


The Pippa Palette for Blank Canvas Cosmetics
Price: €34.99
Available here!

I was so excited when I seen this arrive in work. I had seen loads of pics and videos of bloggers using it and I really wanted to give it a go! I finally decided to pick it up and I have fallen in love with it. The palette includes 6 eyeshadows and 3 face powders. The 6 eyeshadows are gorgeous, my favourites are Dodo and Tobi. The palette includes a face highlight, blush and bronzer. This palette is ideal for anyone travelling as you have eyeshadows, blush, highlighter and bronzer all in one. The eyeshadows can create an everyday natural look but also a darker smokey eye. I would definitely recommend you give this a go! 


W7 In The City & In The Mood Eyeshadow Palettes
Price: €4 each
W7 In The City Palette, available here!
W7 In The Mood Palette, available here!

MORE eyeshadow palettes?! Lately, I have been loving eyeshadows and creating different eyeshadow looks. For anyone who might be on a budget or who is on the look out for good quality eyeshadows, look no further! For €4, you get 6 gorgeous eyeshadows. These can be used to create everyday eyeshadow looks to dramatic smokey eyes. 

If you would like to see the 'In The City' Palette in action, check out this video!


If you would like to see the 'In The Mood' Palette in action, check out this video!



W7 Absolute Lashes Mascara & Essence Lash Princess False Lash Effect Mascara
W7 Absolute Lashes Mascara Price: €3.50
Essence Lash Princess Mascara Price: €4.09
W7 Absolute Lashes Mascara, available here!

Finding good quality pharmacy/drugstore mascaras can be hard, especially ones that don't transfer under your eyes. I recently purchased these two mascaras and I love pairing these together! First, I like to apply a light coat of the W7 Absolute Lashes to my top lashes. Then before it fully dries, I like to apply the Essence Lash Princess mascara. The W7 coats your lashes evenly but doesn't give much length or volume. I like the way it separates my lashes. Then, the Essence mascara adds volume and length. To my bottom lashes, I like to apply the W7 Mascara as it doesn't transfer. I found that the Essence mascara did transfer under my eyes. 


W7 Matte Bronzing Compact
Price: €3.00
Available here!

I am a contour fanatic and I love trying out new pharmacy bronzers. I bought this product on the recommendation of a customer. I must admit, I was very skeptical just because it looks very dark. I was pleasantly surprised when I tried it. This bronzer is the perfect contour shade for any night out. It's matte, which is ideal for contouring. This is my new favourite bronzer for contouring on nights out. Great pigmentation and blends very easily. 


Catrice Sun Glow Matt Bronzing Powder
Shade: 020 Deep Bronze

This stuff is AMAZING! This is great for bronzing the face and contouring when I'm paler. When I have applied tan, I like to warm my foundation up with this matte bronzer. It is very easy to blend and doesn't turn orange. It's matte and has excellent pigmentation. I can't speak highly enough of this bronzer. I've also used this as an eyeshadow and it looked great. It's very affordable too!


Essence Soo Glow! Cream to Powder Highlighter
Shade: 20 Bright Up Your Life

Finding a pharmacy/drugstore highlighter can be difficult. I have been searching for some and recently came across two. This is the first one, it is an Essence highlighter. This stuff is the BOMB! It starts as a cream product and has a powder finish. I apply this to my cheek bones, nose and cupid's bow. Your highlight is ON POINT when you use this haha!


Catrice Illuminating Highlighter Pen

This is the second pharmacy/drugstore highlighter I've recently purchased. This highlighter is very easy to apply with the brush applicator. It has a gorgeous shimmer to it. You twist the bottom of the pen and the product comes up through the brush applicator. This highlighter is part of their new collection and is very affordable. I like to use the brush applicator to apply the highlight to my brow bone. 


Penneys Matte Long Last Lipstick & Penneys Lip Liner Pencil 
Lipstick Price: €2
Lip Liner Price: €1.50

I recently went on a binge of purchasing lip products and picked up some of the Penneys' lipsticks and lipliners. This pair is gorgeous! 


This lipliner is stunning. It has a darker colour than the lipstick. This is perfect for lining your lips and creating an ombré lip. This colour definitely reminds me of the 'Kylie Jenner' trend. The lip liner is very creamy, very easy to apply and has excellent durability. 


When using these lip products, I first apply the lip pencil to the perimeter of my lips and colour in my outer lips. To the centre of my lips, I like to apply the lipstick. Using this method, gives a gorgeous ombré effect. The lipstick is very similar to the lipliner; it is very creamy, very easy to apply and has excellent durability. The lipstick is a cool nude and has very small shimmers through it. 


Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in 06 Carina
Price: €16
Available in Cara Pharmacy Quayside

Matte Lips + Bold Colours are my favourite! So, of course I would love this! This lip colour is amazing! It lasts all day and has excellent pigmentation. This liquid lipstick has a matte finish and is very to apply. 

If you would like to see this Liquid Lipstick in action, check out this video!


I really hope you enjoyed today's blogpost! 
Thank you so much for stopping by!
See you in my next blogpost!
XO, Siobhán 

No comments:

Post a Comment