Sunday 2 November 2014

My Thoughts : W7 Eyeshadow Palettes | Sense Of Beauty


Hello Lovlies! Welcome back to Sense Of Beauty! Today's blog post is my thoughts on the W7 Eyeshadow Palettes; In The Buff + In The Nude! I hope you enjoy! If you have bought the W7 palettes, please let me know what you think of them and let me know which one is your favourite!! 


In this series of W7 Eyeshadow Palettes, there is 3 palettes; In The Buff, In The Nude & In The Night. From this series, I have purchased In The Buff & In The Nude. 

Let's first discuss the packaging of these palettes. The packaging definitely reminds me of the Naked Palettes; Naked 2 and Naked 3. I believe the aim of W7 was to provide cheap, affordable and quality eyeshadow palettes without the necessity of forking out €30-€40.

 I purchased both of my palettes from Cara Pharmacy in the Quayside Shopping Centre, Sligo. I think the price was around €7.99 each. €8 for 12 eyeshadows is about 67c for each eyeshadow which is a great bargain! These products are SO popular! They fly out the doors of Cara Pharmacy! I haven't spotted the 'In The Night' eyeshadow palette in Cara Pharmacy yet, but when I find it I'll purchase it and let you know my thoughts!

Before I look at the palettes seperately, here's a look at the eyeshadows in each of the palettes. With both palettes, a long applicator was provided with a sponge on one end and a flat synthetic brush on the other. I don't use these regularly but I sometimes use the brush side to apply highlighter to my inner tear duct. From this photograph, it is evident that all 24 eyeshadows are beautiful!











I purchased the 'In The Buff' palette first. 'In The Buff' is definitely a dupe for the Naked 2 Palette. Unfortunately I don't own the Naked 2 Palette so I can't compare the two. Definitely google it and photos will come up with comparisons! I have included swatches of all the eyeshadows below the palette. The 1st (from the left) and the 3rd (from the left) didn't show up great because they are flesh toned. The 'In The Buff' palette's eyeshadows are warm toned. I really enjoy this palette because golds & browns are great for creating smokey eyes! The great thing about this palette is that it includes a black eyeshadow too! A black eyeshadow is always useful! The eyeshadows have excellent pigmentation! I definitely gravitate towards this eyeshadow palette for gold and bronze shades because they are all beautiful! The one downfall of this palette is that there isn't enough matte dark brown eyeshadows. When I create eyeshadow looks, I like to put the shimmery eyeshadows on my lid and then I like to blend matte shades into my crease. The only matte brown in this palette is the 5th from the left (the one I've hit pan on!). Other than that, I love this! For anyone looking for an eyeshadow palette with neutrals this is definitely for you!


I purchased the 'In The Nude' palette shortly after the 'In The Buff' palette. The 'In The Nude' palette is definitely a dupe for the Naked 3 Palette. I have included swatches of all the eyeshadows below the palette. Similar to the 'In The Buff' palette, the 1st and the 3rd eyeshadows didn't show up great. The first eyeshadow is flesh toned. I find the 3rd eyeshadow doesn't have great pigmentation. It has more glitter than colour. Other than that I love the other eyeshadows! In this palette, there is 2 matte brown eyeshadows (the 4th and the 7th). I usually use the 4th eyeshadow to blend the edges of my lid shadow and then I use the 7th eyeshadow to add depth to my crease. The 7th eyeshadow can definitely be used as a transition colour. A transition colour is used as the base for your crease eyeshadows. It makes it easier when adding the darker crease colours when you're blending. Again this palette has no dark matte brown eyeshadows. 

Here's a look I wore yesterday using the 'In The Nude' Palette. I used the 5th eyeshadow (from the left) on the lid and the 4th and 7th eyeshadow in the crease. I used a dark brown matte eyeshadow from a GOSH eyeshadow palette to darken my outer crease. For eyeliner I used the NYC Liquid Eyeliner in Black and for mascara I used the Maybelline Falsies Mascara! 









I love both of the palettes. For €8 they are great quality! For anyone looking to build their eyeshadow collection, these are a cheap and cheerful way of doing it! If you try them out let me know what you think of them!  These would be great gifts for Christmas! Especially the fact that they are only around €8! They won't break the bank on you!!

Thanks for stopping by!
Love,
Siobhán xo











No comments:

Post a Comment