Wednesday 12 November 2014

My Winter Essentials | Sense Of Beauty


Hello everybody! Winter is fast approaching with the colder weather swiftly moving in! I thought I'd dedicate a post to all my favourite bits and pieces during the colder months! It's only a month and a half till Christmas, YAY! 

I wanted to also add that I plan on posting a new blog on Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays! I thought creating a schedule would be helpful for myself and also you! 

Let's start on my Winter Essentials?

1. Slippers
Slippers are definitely an essential at winter time! Nothing beats putting my slippers on after a long day at work! These Slipper Boots are from Tesco Castlebar, I bought them for €10.00. My favourite slippers are slipper boots. They are super warm and cosy! Slippers + Woolly Socks + Woolly PJ's = PERFECTION! Penneys supply a wide variety of slippers right now. There are Elf Slippers available in Penneys, How CUTE?!




Here's a direct link to where you can buy these slippers:
http://www.f-f.com/ie/product/f-f-towelling-bootie-slippers/bk421505

2. Soap & Glory Hand Food
With the colder weather coming, your skin can start to become dry and chapped. An excellent solution to dry and chapped hands is to use a hand cream. My favourite hand cream is the Soap & Glory Hand Food. If you haven't smelled this, you have to! I have never smelled a hand cream that smelt better than this! It is described as a non-greasy hydrating hand cream with shea butter, macadamia oil & marshmallow. It smells AMAZING! I totally agree with the claim of this hand cream. This is my second purchase of this particular hand cream. I carry this in my handbag for on-the-go use. It's available in Boots Ireland. It is available in a small travel size (50ml) and a larger tube (125ml). 





Here's a direct link to where you can buy this:
http://www.boots.ie/en/Soap-Glory-Hand-Food%C2%99-Hand-Cream-125ml_1444118/

3. Cien Moisturising Cream:
Following on from my previous essential, keeping your face hydrated during the winter months is definitely essential. It is normal for individuals to change from Oily skin (in the summer months), to Dry skin (in the winter months). This usually occurs because your body doesn't produce as much sweat, the weather isn't as warm and your body doesn't need to be cooled down. This is definitely a drastic change for some. My advice, find a moisturiser that suits your skin when it is drier (winter months) and perhaps find a different moisturiser when it is more oily (summer months). My skin type is normal - dry skin all year round. My skin does tend to become drier during the winter months. To combat this, I moisturise my skin as much as I can, I use the Cien Moisturising Cream from Lidl. I love this moisturiser and I've used this particular moisturiser for months now. This moisturiser is also available in a pink tub; for sensitive skin. This is an absolute winter essential of mine.

I couldn't find a direct link for this product. Instead I am going to link my review of this moisturiser:
http://senseofbeauty95.blogspot.ie/2014/10/review-cien-moisturising-cream.html

4. Carmex Cherry 

Carrying on with staying hydrated and moisturised, Carmex Cherry is the BOMB! It states that it soothes, it relieves and it moisturises and it really does what it says on the pot! This stuff works absolute wonders. Nothing's worse than having chapped lips and not having a lip balm. I carry this lip balm in my car. It's with me at all times! I make sure I have a lip balm in my handbag also, just in case! A variety of Carmex lip balms are available in Penneys for €2-€3. 

I purchased this lip balm off ASOS a while ago. I couldn't find this exact one but ASOS do have a variety of Carmex. The tubes are more hygienic than the pot too!
http://www.asos.com/search/carmex?q=carmex

5. Cup Of Tea
Nothing beats a nice cuppa after a long day at work! On a cold winters day, a cup of tea will warm you up. A cup of tea is self-explanatory, so there's not a lot left to say about it! 







A cup of tea can not be linked (for obvious reasons), but I found these super cute mugs and thought I would post a link to them here:
http://www.anthropologie.eu/anthro/product/7544402420002.jsp?cm_vc=SEARCH_RESULTS#/

6. Onesies
When I think of cold nights, I think of ONESIES! They definitely keep you warm and cosy! This onesie was a present for my mum, we bought it in Penneys. It's the perfect Christmas Onesie! The only disadvantage of onesies is going to the bathroom! But on the plus side, they keep your whole body warm, even your feet!






M&M direct have an excellent selection of onesies for a decent price:
http://www.mandmdirect.ie/01/?Search=onesie

7. Hot Water Bottle
It might sound sad, but hot water bottles are so comforting on cold nights. I love using them when I have a stomach ache. They keep you warm and toasted. Nothing beats a wet night, when you're tucked up in bed with your hot water bottle on your tummy. This hot water bottle was bought in Penneys.







I went looking on ASOS and found these cute hot water bottles:
http://www.asos.com/search/hot-water-bottle?q=hot+water+bottle

8. Hats
These are my two favourite hats; the cream one is from Superdry and the other is from Penneys. When the weather is cold and windy, my ears can get cold. When my ears get cold, my jaw can start to get sore. I try to avoid this happening as much as possible by wearing a hat. Hats definitely keep you warm.






I was snooping on Superdry and found two hats similar to these:
http://www.superdry.com/womens/hats/details/48049/herder-beanie

http://www.superdry.com/womens/hats/details/40039/colour-splash-beanie

9. Blanket Scarves
Blanket Scarves took the A/W trends by storm this year! I bought this blanket scarf from Penneys for €6. Penneys have a variety of blanket scarves available for affordable prices. These scarves are so popular, they fly out the door! They keep you super warm and cosy. Not only that, they complete an outfit! 







I found this cute blanket scarf from New Look:
http://www.newlook.com/shop/womens/accessories/black-tartan-check-reversible-oversized-scarf-_323910409

10. Costa Coffee Hot Chocolate
My favourite type of Hot Chocolate is from Costa Coffee. It must have cream with no marshmallows (I swear I'm not that fussy, haha). How cute are the Christmas takeaway cups? SO CUTE. These hot chocolates definitely warm you up and as an added bonus are super tasty! 












I found this cute Cath Kidston takeaway cup on ASOS:
http://www.asos.com/cath-kidston/cath-kidston-field-rose-travel-cup/prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=4176800&clr=Multi&SearchQuery=cup&pgesize=4&pge=1&totalstyles=4&gridsize=3&gridrow=1&gridcolumn=1

Finally finished! That was my Top 10 Winter Essentials! If you try out anything please let me know if they are in your top 10 winter essentials.

Thanks for stopping by!
Stay tuned for my next blog post on Saturday! 

Love,
Sibh <3 xo






No comments:

Post a Comment