Saturday 22 November 2014

My Favourite Autumn/Winter 2014 Lipsticks | Sense Of Beauty


Hello Lovlies! Welcome back to Sense Of Beauty! Today's blog post is going to be a short list of my favourite lipsticks for Autumn/Winter 2014. Let's get started!!



Here's a snap of all 5 lipsticks. I included their names beside the lipstick. I ensured to include lipsticks that not only range in colour, but also range in price. These lipsticks vary from €2.99-€19.50. There is a lipstick here to match anyone's budget.



My first favourite lipstick is one from Wet'n'Wild. I included as much information on these photos of the lipsticks to make it easier for you. The shade of this lipstick is 'Sugar Plum Fairy'. I bought it in Penneys Galway, if you would like to see what else I hauled when I purchased this, check out this post:
http://senseofbeauty95.blogspot.ie/2014/10/day-trip-to-galway-ootd-motd-haul.html

I really enjoy this lipstick. The price of the lipstick makes it oh so much sweeter! I bought this lipstick for a very small €2.99! This lipstick has excellent pigmentation! The shade itself is gorgeous. It is similar to MAC's Rebel. Keep reading because I have a swatch comparison of the two. Sugar Plum Fairy is a gorgeous berry colour. 



'Cherry Bomb' is another Wet'nWild favourite of mine. I purchased it in Penneys Galway for €2.99. Cherry Bomb is darker than Sugar Plum Fairy. It is a deeper berry colour. If you prefer darker lipsticks, this one is definitely for you!

I sometimes find that Wet'n'Wild lipsticks can bleed. To prevent or solve this problem, I ensure I line my lips with lipliner and then apply concealer around my lips after applying the lipstick. 


The third lipstick is one from NYX. It's in the shade 'Alabama'. I bought it in Shaws Ballina for around €7.50. The pigmentation of this lipstick is excellent. It is a matte lipstick. Matte lipsticks are definitely my favourite type of lipstick. The colour is a deep rich red. It's a browny red. 



My fourth favourite lipstick is 'Rebel' from MAC. This was my very first dark statement lipstick I ever purchased. The smell is gorgeous, it smells like vanilla. I bought this lipstick in Brown Thomas on Grafton Street for €19.50. It is very similar to Wet'n'Wild's Sugar Plum Fairy. It is a gorgeous berry colour.



My fifth and final favourite lipstick is another favourite from MAC. The shade is in 'Ruby Woo'. I think this is my absolute favourite lipstick out of all the previous lipsticks. It is a matte lipstick. It really is MATTE. I recommed applying a lipbalm before you wear this lippie. It is a beautiful rich red. It is the PERFECT red lipstick. Wearing this lipstick, gives the appearance of whiter teeth. This lipstick is the ULTIMATE lipstick for Christmas!



I've included swatches of all lipsticks in natural lighting and also artificial lighting (camera flash). The photo above is with artificial lighting. As you can see from the photo, all lipsticks are generously pigmented!



Here's the lip swatches in natural lighting with no flash. This photo allows you to see the lipsticks at their true colours.



As promised, here is the comparison of the Wet'n'Wild lippie in Sugar Plum Fairy vs. MAC's Rebel. Wet'Wild's lipstick is €2.99 and MAC'S is €19.50. This photo is with artificial lighting. 



Here's the lipstick swatches in natural lighting with no flash. With €16 in the difference, looking at the swatches, there is nothing different between the two! Sugar Plum Fairy is an excellent dupe for MAC'S rebel! I would definitely recommend Sugar Plum Fairy to anyone who is on a budget and is looking for a MAC Rebel dupe.


I also wanted to include my favourite lipliner for Autumn/Winter 2014. My sister bought this for me in Germany so I can't remember how much it was, sorry! I always line the edges of my lips. Doing this creates the look of an ombré lip. You can also wear this lipliner without a lipstick or lipliner over it! It gives a matte look and lasts forever!



Here's a swatch of the lipliner with artificial lighting. 



The photo above is a swatch of the lipliner in natural lighting with no flash. It is definitely a deep red/berry colour. Perfect for this Autumn and Winter.



That's them finished! I hope you enjoyed this blog post! I worked really hard on editing the pics! If you have any different lipsticks that you love please let me know! I would love to give them a try! 

Thanks for stopping by!
My next blog post will be posted on Monday!
Stay tuned!
Love,
Siobhán xo

No comments:

Post a Comment