Thursday 9 July 2015

How To Deep Clean Your Makeup Brushes


Hello Lovlies! Welcome back to Sense Of Beauty! Today's blogpost will be showing you how to deep clean your makeup brushes!

If you would like to know where I purchased some of my makeup brushes check out these blogposts!
1. AliExpress Makeup Brushes Review - click here!
2. Cara Pharmacy Professional Makeup Brush Set Review - click here!
  Cleaning your makeup brushes will remove:
-makeup 
-dust
-germs
-old skin cells
-dirt 

Cleaning your makeup brushes will help with your makeup application too!

You can use two different techniques to clean your makeup brushes; spot clean and deep clean.

Spot Cleaning:
Spot Cleaning can be used when you are in a rush and need to use a makeup brush that is dirty. It's commonly used for eyeshadow brushes, where you've applied an eyeshadow and need to clean the brush to apply another eyeshadow. Spot Cleaning does not remove all makeup, germs and bacteria. 

Spot Cleaning is very simple & quick. All you need is some kitchen roll and your brush cleaner. Spray some of the brush cleaner onto the kitchen roll and then swirl the brush into the kitchen roll. 

Here's a selection of Brush Cleaners to choose from:
-Penneys / Primark have their very own Brush Cleaner. It is very affordable and great quality!
-No. 7 Brush Cleaner, €7.50 (Can be purchased here)
-Crown Brush Brush Cleaner, €12.53 (Can be purchased here)
-MAC Brush Cleaner, €15 (Can be purchased here)

Deep Cleaning:
I like to Deep Clean my brushes every 1-2 weeks. I would love to clean them weekly but I must admit, it is a task I procrastinate! 

To deep clean my makeup brushes, I like to use Johnson's Baby Shampoo (buy it here). 

I've taken pics of each of the steps I take to deep clean my makeup brushes. 

STEP O N E:


I bring all my dirty brushes to the sink. 












STEP T W O:


I pour some of the Johnson's Baby Shampoo onto a plate. 











STEP T H R E E:


I lay a towel down on the counter beside the tap and on top of that towel, I roll another towel into a sausage shape and place that in the middle of the towel. 









STEP F O U R:


I usually start with my face brushes and then to my eyes. First, put on the tap and use luke warm water. Wet the brush with the water. (CAUTION: Make sure not to allow water go up through the bristles and into the handle. This can cause your brush to break. Make sure to hold your makeup brushes down towards the ground). When the brush is wet, I like to dab my brush into the Baby Shampoo. 









Then I gently swirl the brush in my hand and continue to swirl until the soap is clean. I will rinse my hand and the brush under the running water and will re-swirl the brush until it runs clean. Once I feel the brush is clean, I will rinse the shampoo off and squeeze it dry and prop it up on the towel. With foundation & concealer brushes, I usually repeat these steps twice. I find the foundation and concealer can be difficult to remove. 








 A more in-depth description:
1. Wet the brush in luke warm water. 
2. Dab the brush into the Johnson's Baby Shampoo. 
3. Wet your hand with the luke warm water. 
4. Swirl the brush into your hand. 
5. Rinse your hand and the brush. 
6. Re-swirl the brush into your hand. 
7. Give your brush a final rise to remove any shampoo. 
8. Squeeze the remaining water out of the brush. 
9. Place makeup brush on towel to dry. 

























And that's it! :)

Usually, they take 12-24 hours to dry. 

Here's some pics of my clean makeup brushes! :)






I really hope you enjoyed today's blogpost and I hope it's been helpful! 
Thank you so much for stopping by!
See you in my next blogpost!
XO, Sense Of Beauty

No comments:

Post a Comment