Sunday 8 February 2015

In-Depth MOTN & OOTN


Hello Lovlies! Welcome back to Sense Of Beauty! I apologise for being MIA recently but I have plenty of fun blogposts planned!

Today's blogpost will be an In-Depth Description of the makeup and outfit I wore last night! Last night, Shane and I went out to the pub with a couple of friends! It was a casual night out!

Outfit Details:

Cardigan | Penneys / Primark
Crop Top | Sara Ballina
Camel Chinos | Penneys / Primark
Brown Belt | Swamp (Came with Dress)
Suede Ankle Boots | Sara Ballina
Rose Gold Necklace | Next
RG Watch | Bigotti
RG Bracelets | Penneys
Hoop Earrings | Sara Ballina










Makeup Details:


For my makeup, I decided to create a smokey eye that included golds & browns. I paired the smokey eye with dramatic winged eyeliner, natural lashes and nude lips.


Here's a quick glimpse of the face and eye makeup I used to create the look. I also included a picture of the makeup brushes I used. All details of the products and brushes will be included on the pics.















Let's get Started with the Makeup Look:

To prime my face, I used the Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser Lightweight Primer. I purchased this primer in Shaws a few months ago and fell in love with it. Recently, I haven't been loving it that much. It is silicone based and is a clear consistency. It fills any pores you might have on your face. I press the primer into my skin around my "T" zone. The "T" zone area includes your forehead and down your nose. I press it gently into the tops of the apples of my cheeks because I find I have pores around that area too. After I have pressed the primer into my skin, I blend the primer in with my hands. 



For foundation, I used MAC'S Prolongwear Foundation in NC15. This is one of my favourite foundations. I've used it for a few years now and it has never failed me. It has excellent coverage which you can build up with layers. The lasting power of this foundation is BRILLIANT! It says it lasts 15 hours and it really does! This makes my skin look ridiculously flawless! To blend in this foundation, I used the Real Techniques Buffing Brush. This brush is excellent at blending foundation in. The bristles are extremely soft and don't leave streaks in your foundation. I bounce/stipple the brush and the foundation, then I will blend in small circles to ensure there are no streaks.


For concealer, I used Collection's Lasting Perfection Concealer in 01 Fair. This concealer is EXCELLENT! Definitely recommend it! It's super affordable (around €6) and has excellent coverage. I apply the concealer in a triangle shape under my eyes. I use this concealer to not only cover dark circles, but to also highlight my face. I apply some concealer to the centre of my nose and in between my eyebrows. To blend in the concealer, I use the Real Technique Contour Brush.  I love using this particular brush for concealer because it's the perfect size. I find this brush works best with cream products instead of powder products.


This is a recent purchase of mine. I purchased this in Penneys. It is the Essence I <3 Nude Eyeshadow in 01 Vanilla Sugar. The smell of the eyeshadow is gorgeous. I apply this eyeshadow as a face powder to the areas where I applied the concealer. The eyeshadow has illuminating particles that will reflect off light and highlight your face. I apply this to the areas I concealed instead of my normal face powder because if you apply your face powder all over your face, it will make your skin all one colour. The eyeshadow has great pigmentation and is light-weight. Applying this on top of your concealer will ensure your concealer does not crease throughout the day. I used a small tapered brush I bought off AliExpress to apply it. The shape of the brush is excellent to apply the powder under your eyes.

For the rest of my face, I applied the Maybelline Matte Maker Powder in 10 Classic Ivory. This is swiftly becoming my new face powder! The powder is velvety and doesn't make your face look cakey! I apply this to the remainder of my face, where I didn't apply the Essence Eyeshadow and also down my neck. I pat the powder into my face instead of swirling it. This prevents your powder getting caught under your tiny facial hairs. When powder gets caught in those tiny facial hairs, it can appear cakey. To apply the face powder, I used the "Mummy" version of the previous brush used. It is excellent at applying face powder and the bristles are super soft.


To warm up and bronze up the face, I used this NYC Smooth Skin Bronzer. I picked this up in Penneys recently. This bronzer is excellent at giving you a natural bronzey look. It's very natural looking. It blends out seamlessly and is very affordable! It always seems to be sold out when I look for it so when I finally found it, I had to grab it! I use the same brush I used for my face powder. I focus the bronzer on the outskirts of my face, to ensure my face remains highlighted in the centre. I also brush this under my cheek bones to give a natural contour. I recommend this bronzer! Definitely try and get your hands on it and give it a go!



To further sculpt my face, I used the Sedona Lace FB05 Brush. I used the Sleek Contour Kit in Medium. This is an all-time favourite of mine! The bronzer is excellent pigmentation and is very easy to blend! You only need the tiniest amount when contouring. The Sedona Lace brush is excellent at contouring because it can get into the hollows of your cheeks. I apply this bronzer to the hollows of my cheeks, on my temples and along my jaw. I used the AliExpress Small Tapered Brush and the Highlight Shade from the Sleek Contour Kit to highlight. I applied the highlighter to the tops of my cheekbones, down the bridge of my nose, in between my brows and on my cupid's bow.

For blush, I used Art Deco's blush in 44. It is a burnt brick red/orange colour. It has red undertones. Excellent pigmentation, you only need the smallest amount. It is my favourite blush to wear when going out. It gives the perfect colour to your cheeks. I use the Stipple brush by Real Tecniques to apply my blush. I start from the outskirts and blend towards my apples. I stipple the blush on first and then blend the blush out.








I used the Rimmel London Brow Pencil in 002 Hazel. When applying this, I used short strokes and used a light hand. The eyebrow pencil can create a very structured and neat eyebrow shape. I used the short brush bristles on the pencil lid to blend the eyebrow pencil at the beginning of my eyebrows. To set my eyebrows I used the Clear Brow Gel by Essence. Setting your eyebrows with Brow Gel ensures your eyebrows stay in place all day.




Now that I've finished my face products, I can begin the eyeshadows! I used some eyeshadows from the W7 Lightly Toasted Eyeshadow Palette. I applied a light brown into my crease. I used a Sedona Lace 863 Brush. I used this eyeshadow as my transition shade. Applying a transition shade to your crease will immediately add definition to crease. A transition shade will also help blend the other eyeshadows out. This step doesn't have to be very neat as it is only the transition shade.






To my lid I applied a gorgeous gold Inglot Eyeshadow. This is my favourite gold eyeshadow. Excellent quality, the eyeshadow is not powdery or chalky. I used a SammyDress flat shader brush to apply the gold eyeshadow. I packed the eyeshadow onto my lid. I ensured I didn't rub the eyeshadow onto my lid as this would cause fall out. If your eyeshadow isn't highly pigmented, wet your brush slightly with makeup setting spray. Then put some eyeshadow onto your brush and pat it onto your lid. This process is called "Foiling". The foiling technique is best used with shimmery eyeshadows.



To add definition to the crease, I went back into the W7 Lightly Toasted Eyeshadow and used the medium tone brown. I blended this into my outer "V" and crease. I ensured to keep this eyeshadow below the transition shade. I used an AliExpress Small Blending Brush to blend in this eyeshadow. For this look, I used matte shadows for my outer "V" and crease.









To blend out the edges of the look, I used a Single Eyeshadow in Milk Chocolate by Natural Collection. These single eyeshadows are great quality and very affordable! I purchased this eyeshadow in Boots for €2.49. To blend this eyeshadow, I used a Sheer Cover Large Fluffy Brush. This brush is extremely soft and excellent at blending.









To deepen the crease and further define it, I used another Natural Collection single eyeshadow. I used Crushed Walnut. I applied this to the outer "V" and to the lower lash line. I used an Essence Pencil Brush to apply this eyeshadow. Pencil brushes are excellent at defining the outer "V", adding definition to the crease and smoking out the lower lash line.









To add some warmth to the eyeshadow look, I used a Sleek Blush as an Eyeshadow. I used the shade Aruba. I really enjoy blending out eyeshadow looks with a bright orange, especially looks using golds and browns. I used the Sheer Cover Large Fluffy Brush to blend the around the look. I used this eyeshadow to ensure the shadows blended seamlessly and were not harsh.









To highlight my brow bone and inner tear duct, I used the first shade from the W7 Lightly Toasted Palette. This shadow has very small glitter particles in it. These little particles will reflect off the light and make your eyes appear larger and more awake. I used a flat shader brush to apply my highlight shade. 










I used Sedona Lace's Gel Eyeliner in Black Out. I used an AliExpress Eyeliner Brush to apply the gel eyeliner. I created a long wing with this brush and I found it very easy to use. I also applied the gel eyeliner to my tightline (upper waterline) and waterline. I used an Essence Eyeliner Brush to apply the gel eyeliner to both waterlines. Applying eyeliner to your tightline will make your eyelashes appear both longer and thicker.








Next I moved onto my lashes! To prepare my eyelashes, I used the Penneys Eyelash curler. Curling your eyelashes will make your lashes appear longer. After I curled my lashes, I applied a few coats of the Collection Lash Lengthening Mascara in 17 Ultra Black. I enjoy using this mascara. I don't find it clumpy and it's super affordable in Boots! I didn't want to wear vey dramatic lashes so I opted for a pair of Natural lashes by Kiss. I love Kiss eyelashes. They are very easy to apply, very affordable and the kiss eyelash glue is great quality.





Final step of my makeup! To finish the look I applied Essence's lipliner in 06 Satin Mauve. I slightly overdrew my lips for the "Kylie Jenner Look!" I love this lip liner! Excellent pigmentation, excellent price and lasts for a long time!













That's the end of today's blogpost!
I hope you enjoyed it!
Can't wait for my next blogpost!
See you then!
Love,
Sense Of Beauty xo












No comments:

Post a Comment