Saturday 13 June 2015

Katy Perry Makeup & Hair Inspiration


Hello Lovlies! Welcome back to Sense Of Beauty! My sister Aisling sent me a picture of Katy Perry with this gorgeous purple hair and said it would be a great blogpost. I fell in love with the makeup so I decided to include a tutorial to create something similar! I really hope you enjoy today's blogpost! Keep reading to discover how to re-create this look! :)

There were so many pictures taken, I decided to edit them into a short video!
Take a look at it here:

Before and After:


Let's start with dying Aisling's hair:

 To dye Aisling's hair, we used the Schwarzkopf HD Ultra Brights Hair Dye in 94 Purple Punk & 95 Electric Blue.









We diluted the hair dyes using a Loréal Elvive Conditioner. We poured some of the conditioner into a plastic bowl. We dropped about 1/4 of a teaspoon of the Purple into the conditioner and about 1/2 a teaspoon of the Blue into the bowl. We used a plastic spoon to mix in the dye.





First, I brushed Aisling's hair out to ensure there was no knots. I then parted Aisling's hair in half and tied the top half up out of the way. I re-brushed the bottom layer.
I started dying the hair! :) I put on a pair of plastic gloves before I started applying any dye. I started from the ends of Aisling's hair and worked my way up the strands of hair. I continued using the same technique for the rest of Aisling's hair.






The hair dye was left in Aisling's hair for 25-30 mins. Once the time was up, Aisling washed out the dye from her hair. 

Here's a picture of Aisling's purple hair when dried:


Makeup Time:

Katy Perry had dewy skin in the photograph. To help achieve this, I applied the Botanics Radiance Balm to Aisling's face. 














When attending a party/event, it's important to ensure your makeup lasts all night! To ensure Aisling's makeup lasts a long time, I decided to use the Rimmel London Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation in the shade 100 Ivory. I applied one layer of the foundation to Aisling's face and neck. I blended the foundation in using the Real Techniques stipple brush.



Katy's face is gorgeously highlighted. To achieve this, I applied a light concealer to work as a highlighter and concealer. I used the Natural Collection Concealer in Fair. I applied the concealer in a Triangle shape to Aisling's undereye and cheek area. To blend this in, I used a small buff brush. If you don't have a brush suitable for blending in your concealer, use your ring finger to gently blend in your concealer. Your ring finger is the weakest of your fingers, therefore it'll apply less pressure to your undereye area.





To ensure Aisling's eyeshadows don't crease or fade, I applied the Essence Eyeshadow base from her eyelids to her brow bone. To blend this in, I used a similar brush to the brush I used to blend in Aisling's concealer.








Katy Perry's eyebrows are ON POINT! They are very structured and precise. To fill in Aisling's eyebrows, I used a matte medium brown from the Makeup Revolution eyeshadow palette. I applied the eyeshadow with a slanted brush from Real Techniques.











To set Aisling's eyebrows in place, I used one of my favourite brow products available, the Essence Clear Lash & Brow Gel Mascara.










I use eyeshadows from the W7 Lightly Toasted Palette and the Makeup Revolution Iconic 3 Palette. The first eyeshadow I used was this pink-toned champagne. I applied this to Aisling's eyelid using a flat Essence brush.






To the outer half of Aisling's eyelids, I applied a Rose Gold shimmery shadow from the Makeup Revolution Palette. I used the same Essence flat shader brush to apply this.













To deepen the crease, I applied a light matte brown. I used "windshield wiper" motions to blend in the eyeshadow. I used a large blending brush. I ensured to blend the shadow into the inner crease also.












To further deepen the crease and add more definition, I applied a medium matte brown to the crease. I applied this shadow just below the previous colour. I ensured not to bring this colour in to the inner crease.







To higlight, I used the first shade from the W7 Eyeshadow Palette using the flat shader brush from Essence. I applied this shadow to Aisling's brow bone and inner tear duct.













To blend the crease colours with the highlight shade, I blended the first crease colour into the crease.









Katy is wearing thick and dramatic winged liner. To achieve this, I used the NYC Liquid Liner in Matte Black. 

















To set Aisling's undereye concealer, I applied the Essence Nude Eyeshadow in 01 Vanilla Sugar. To appl
To set Aisling's foundation, I applied the Natural Collection Pressed Powder in Warm. To apply this, I used a large powder brush. I blended the powder down Aisling's neck too.
 To warm up the face and to contour, I used the Catrice Sun Glow Bronzer in 20 Deep Bronze. To apply the bronzer, I used a Sedona Lace Contour Brush.
 For blush, I applied a soft pink blush from the NYX 'Butt Naked' Palette. I applied this to the apples of Aisling's cheeks and blended it into 
To highlight, I used the middle highlight shade from the NYX 'Butt Naked' Palette. To apply the highlight, I used the Real Techniques Contour Brush.








 To line Aisling's lips, I applied an Essence Lip Liner in the shade 'In The Nude'. I lined Aisling's lips and filled them in with this lipliner.
 On top of the lipliner, I applied a W7 Cheek & Lip Stain in the shade 'Cuba'. 
To add some shine, I applied a Missguided Lip Gloss in the shade 'Peace'.
To deepen the lower lash line, I applied the medium matte brown from the Makeup Revolution Palette. I used a Real Techniques Lip Brush for this.
On Aisling's eyelashes, I applied the W7 Lashtastic Mascara to the top and bottom lashes. I applied a pair of Glamour Lashes.


















The finished makeup look:



Curling Aisling's Hair:

First, I applied the Got2B Mind Blowing Spray to Aisling's hair and brushed it through. I applied this as it will act as a heat protectant. To curl Aisling's hair, I used the Babyliss Curling Wand. When I was finished curling Aisling's hair, I ran my fingers through the curls and sprayed Cien Hairspray that I purchased in Lidl.









The Finished Look:


I really hope you enjoyed today's blogpost! It was really fun to make!
Stay tuned for Sense Of Beauty's next blogpost!
XO, Sense Of Beauty

No comments:

Post a Comment