Wednesday 11 January 2017

Chicken Tikka Masala | Slimming World Friendly


Hello Lovelies! :) Welcome back to Sense Of Beauty! So with it being the beginning of 2017, many of us have decided to improve our diet. Diets can be a massive lifestyle change, especially after the binge of the Christmas and New Years. 


Takeaways are always a fab treat at the weekend after a long week, but what about on a Wednesday when you're craving an indian? I've been trying to cook recipes I have never tried before and I came across this one. Don't worry, for anyone doing Slimming World, this is completely syn free! You also have the option to make this Tikka Masala with a side of rice (I personally prefer brown rice), but instead I decided to choose some speedy veg! 
If you would like to see how to create this gorgeous Fakeaway, make sure to continue reading! :)



Ingredients:


-Low Calorie Cooking Spray (I used Frylight Olive Oil)
-1 Onion
-1 Red Pepper
-3 Garlic Cloves 
-30g Root Ginger
-1 Chili 
-2x Chicken Fillets
-1 Vegetable/Chicken Stock Cube (dissolved in 500ml Boiling Water)
-150g Passata
-1 Tablespoon of Tomato Puree 
-1/2 Teaspoon of Hot Chilli Powder (Add as much/little as you desire)
-2 Teaspoons of Ground Coriander
-1 Teaspoon of Ground Cumin
-1 Teaspoon of Paprika
-3 Teaspoons of Medium Tikka Curry Powder
-2 Teaspoons of Medium Curry Powder
-2 Teaspoons of Garlic Granules
-1/2 Teaspoon of Tumeric
-100g Fat Free Yogurt 
-Salt & Pepper
-Rice/Veg (I used broccoli and carrots instead of rice)

Spices can be added to your own desire. I add spices very happily and then I realise I've put about 5 teaspoons of the hot chilli powder and I burn my mouth off haha! 

Method:

1. Prepare your vegetables and chicken. 
    -Chop onion
    -De-seed and slice pepper
    -Peel and grate ginger
    -Finely chop garlic
    -De-seed and chop chilli 
    -Peel and chop carrots 
    -Chop chicken into pieces

2. Place carrots & broccoli/rice into a pot and boil. 












3. Spray pan with Frylight and heat. Add pepper, onion, garlic, ginger and chilli to the pan and cook for 8-10 minutes. 









4. Add chicken to the pan and cook for another 8-10 mintues or until the chicken is cooked through. 










5. Add 500ml boiling water with stock cube to the pan. Add spices too. 

















6. Add Passata and tomato puree to the pan. Allow to simmer for another 8-10 minutes. 








7. Remove pan from heat and stir in the yogurt. 





8. Strain vegetables/rice, serve and enjoy!! :)







And that's it! I really hope you enjoy this recipe if you give it a go! 
Anyone doing Slimming World, it is completely free and it has all your speedy veg needed! I hope to post more recipes in the near future so make sure to keep an eye out for those! :)

If you would like to read my previous blogpost of all my favourite products from 2016, click here!

My previous Video - My 12-Year Old Brother Does My Makeup?!


Or, you can check out me doing Aisling's makeup! :P


If you enjoyed any of my videos, make sure to subscribe! :)

Thanks so much for stopping by!
I really hope you enjoyed today's blogpost! A little different to my usual beauty related posts but I thought it would be fun! I had so much making this blogpost - especially the part of me eating the yummy Tikka Masala haha! 

Have a wonderful day! 
See you in my next blogpost!
XO, Siobhán 


No comments:

Post a Comment