Saturday 7 March 2015

Catrice Cosmetics Luxury Nudes Nail Polish - Demo & Review


Hello Lovlies! Welcome back to Sense Of Beauty! Today's blogpost will be a review of a New Catrice Cosmetics Nail Polish that I recently purchased in Penneys! Keep reading for the demo and review! :)

D E M O:

What You'll Need:
-Nail Polish Remover
-Cotton Pads
-Nail File
-Base Coat Nail Polish
-Catrice Nail Polish
-Cotton Buds










Here's a closer look at the Base Coat I used.

Name:
Sally Hansen Double Duty Base & Top Coat

This nail polish is great because it can be used as a base coat and a top coat! It gives a gorgeous finish when used as a Top Coat. For anyone that travels and likes to paint their nails often, this would be great! One bottle for 2 purposes! YESS!!






Here's a closer look at the Catrice Cosmetics Nail Polish.

Name:
Catrice Cosmetics Luxury Nudes Nail Polish

Finish:
Soft Matt

Shade:
04 Your Fresh Apri-Coat







Step One:

For Step One, I removed any previous nail polish off my nails. I used nail polish remover and cotton pads. The nail polish remover I used is from the €2 shop.













Step Two:

Step Two includes another preparation step for your nails. I filed my nails. I used a random nail file I found at home for this! :P If needed, you can also cut your nails in this step with a nail clippers. 











Step Three:

For Step Three, I applied a Base Coat to my nails. I used Sally Hansen's Double Duty Base & Top Coat Nail Polish. I applied an even coat to all my finger nails. 












Step Four:

For Step Four, I applied the Catrice Nail Polish. I applied one even coat to each nail. I found the nail polish wasn't as opaque as I hoped, to fix this I applied a second coat. 












Here's one coat of the nail polish. Because of the flash, it is quite difficult to see that the nail polish is streaky. 












Step Five:

For Step Five, I cleaned up the edges of my nails. To do this, I used nail polish remover and cotton buds. I wet the cotton buds with the nail polish remover and removed any nail polish that was on my skin around the nail. 











F I N IS H E D L O O K:





R E V I E W:

So now onto the most important bit!! THE REVIEW! :)

The Packaging:

I really like the packaging of these Catrice Nail Polishes! They look very professional! In the bottom-left picture, you can see the detailing on the lid. The size of the nail polish is pretty decent too (10ml)! The nail polishes are available in a variety of finishes and shades. In Penneys Ballina, there are about 7 or 8 shades/finishes. 







My Thoughts:

The shade itself is GORGEOUS! It's a fabulous salmon-pink shade. It's a perfect shade to match with many outfits! 

As said above, I did have to paint two even coats on my nails. The first coat was streaky and not as opaque as I wished. Once the two coats were painted, the nail polish wasn't streaky. 






The durability of the nail polish is hard to comment on. I find that nail polishes don't last on my nails too long, even with a base coat. I applied the nail polish in the evening and I had work the next day. The nail polish began to chip at work the next day :( I didn't paint a top coat onto the catrice nail polish as I didn't want to change the appearance of the matte effect. 




The matte effect is matte but not as matte as other nail polishes. It can be seen from the picture above, there is is an blue-purple iridescent glow in the polish. This can be seen when the nail polish is on your nails too. 











I like the range of shades and finishes available. The nail polish is very affordable also (Less than €3!!) The finish of the nail polish is gorgeous. The blue-purple sheen is definitely unique! For those who don't work on tills at work, the nail polish should last longer than mine did! 











I hope you enjoyed this blogpost!
See ya in my next one!
XO, Sense Of Beauty

No comments:

Post a Comment